The Church of the Birth of Virgin Mary and St. Michael Archangel is a three-nave, late renaissance church whose first founder was Piotr Kurowski. Inside the church, the original Baroque altar can be seen, seven side altars, and the tomb of Stanisław Zbąski from 1587, constructed by Santi Gucci, a renowned mason from Florence.
Tanning, fur clothing, and especially sheepskin coat industry have been the characteristic and dominant industries in Kurów for hundreds of years. The place has long been famous for the above mentioned branches not only in Poland, but also abroad. It was the venue of the renowned Lublin Fur Production Centre, which won numerous fashion shows.
“Kozi Bór” is the forestry and a Protected Landscape Area including the ecological arable land “Zabagniony Łęg” and the peat bog “Torfowisko Wysokie”.